Assistant Technical Manager (Food Processing) in Bradford
Reference Number: AK/IS
Engineering | Bradford | 30.00 | Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Technical Manager to join our client, based in Bradford BD5 area, who is a market leader within food processing. They are currently seeking for an experienced Assistant/Manager to actively assist in directing the work in the factory at the Bradford site and liase with their partners worldwide.
As an Assistant Manager, you will be tasked with full responsibility of the site in the absence of the Head of Technical therefore experience in similar role, decision making and communication skills are paramount. Duties might include occasional traveling to visit suppliers around the world so the suitable candidate would be reliable and confident in communicating with people from different backgrounds.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
- To ensure that the Company Quality & Food Safety System, Policies, Procedures and standards meet all safety, legality and quality requirements
- To ensure that the appropriate assessments are carried out on raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products so as to ensure compliance with the relevant specifications and to make decisions regarding the acceptance or rejection of raw materials, semi-finished products and finished products.
- To advise and consult with all relevant parties within the business including suppliers and others concerning safety, legality and quality issues.
- To develop, train, implement and periodically audit the Quality & Food Safety System procedures. These systems will include the site Quality & Food Safety Manual, HACCP studies Quality & Food Safety Procedures, Work Instructions, Product Specifications, Ingredient Specifications and forms as appropriate.
- To constantly seek and implement a continuous improvement philosophy in all areas of responsibility, to train and develop others in this philosophy where appropriate
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in QA/technical supervisory role, involved with both BRC & Retailer audits
- Level 3 Food Safety and HACCP
- Internal Auditor training
- Knowledge of food legislation/HACCP microbiological and analytical techniques
- Excellent communication , negotiation, report writing and presentation skills
- Degree or equivalent in either Microbiology, Food Science, Food Technology or related subject would be an advantage
The working hours are 8am – 5pm Mon to Thu, 8am – 4pm Friday however flexible approach to working hours might be required.
For this excellent and challenging role you will be rewarded with a highly competitive salary dependant on experience among many other benefits like private parking, 30 days holidays, pension scheme and annual salary review!
Interested? Please send your CV for consideration asap!
Please note we will be in a process of screening after your application is received and will contact you if successful.
Concept Recruitment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this advert.
Concept Recruitment Group Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this advert.Apply Now